Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dia de la Abby #57: Skull Buttons

Pin Pals is having a show. You have to register and make 5 button designs. Pin Pals will make the buttons. One of the buttons will be on display at Gallery 5 during September and sold to benefit Art 180. The other 4 will be distributed to other participants, which also means you will get 4 buttons from other artists. This is a simple project to get your creativity flowing.


After printing out the template on computer paper, I used a drawing pen and water color pencils to create the design. The artwork needs to be flexible enough to be molded into a button. Using pliable mediums like ink and thin paint, is the best for this project. I'm also excited to eventually get 4 art buttons back. I collect buttons and adorn my car sun visor with them, so these will be a unique addition.


Every other Thursday in the 5.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby creations   Every Thursday in the 4.0 year, I posted my Dia de la Abby creations and occasionally tutorials with instructions on how I made my pieces. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on  Facebook, Google+ and/or Twitter.

No comments: